As the work of Digital Convergence grows in districts across the country, it can be helpful for districts to explore each other's progress and collaborate on similar goals. This is the purpose of the National Network component of the platform, including the following items:
- National Network Map
- National Network List
- District Portolios
Note: At this time, only users with access to the Digital Convergence Framework can see the National Network and District Portfolios.
Update: An additional visual for the district's Key Strategic Milestones is now available in the District Portfolio. See below for details.
Written Explanation with Visuals:
National Network Map
Enter the National Network from the dropdown below Digital Convergence in your main navigation, and you'll land on the map view of the National Network. The pin for your district will appear in blue on the map, and your district information will appear in the area on the right. This information includes the current district DCF Stage, the number of schools and users in the district, the logo, superintendent, date joined the network, cross-district group membership when applicable, location type, and teacher progress on the district's PL Goals. Most of the information available can be entered or edited on your District Management Brand page.
Click the pins on the map to explore other districts across the National Network. If the district has provided a contact, you can click "Contact District" in their info panel to send them an email. You can also use the Search tool on the map, which will limit the resulting pins and highlight your search term in the district's info panel. Additionally, you can zoom and pan to explore the map in more detail using your mouse or touchpad/touchscreen or the "+" and "-" icons at the upper-left corner of the map.
All districts have a link to their District Portfolio in their info panel, which you can enter to explore more information and resources about that district. See below for more information on the District Portfolio.
National Network List
Select the "List" option at the upper-left of the map to enter the List view of the National Network. Information visible for each district here includes the current district DCF Stage, the number of schools, students, and teachers in the district, the logo, superintendent, cross-district group membership when applicable, location type, percentage of students on free or reduced lunch, and "surging" information, which notes how many SIs have been completed in the last 60 days. Most of the information available can be entered or edited on each district's District Management Brand page.
By default, districts are listed in alphabetical order, but you can click the options along the top row, including DCF Stage, number of Schools, etc., to sort up or down by your selection. Click once to sort in ascending order and click the arrow again to reverse the sort.
Note that you can use the Search tool on the list to limit the results. Your search term will appear highlighted on each district.
All district names are linked to their District Portfolio, which you can enter to explore more information and resources about that district. Read on for more information on the District Portfolio.
Each district portfolio is comprised of several sections, explained below. Most of the information available can be entered or edited on each district's District Management Brand page.
- Default Stage Tab - The default tab for each district notes the district's current DCF Stage with a visual of the district's progress on the DCF framework, indicating which Stage the district is in for each Driver. Additional metrics are available on how many SIs have been marked Complete, how many are In Progress, how many SIs have assigned owners, and how many SI Resources (including Work Products) have been shared with all districts. Additionally, the district's "surging" metric is available, which notes how many SIs have been completed in the last 60 days.
- Key Strategic Milestones - Below the tab information is the Key Strategic Milestones section of the district portfolio, shown in the image at the bottom of this article. This section is available regardless of which info tab is selected above, and it displays the Statuses and Work Products from six critical Success Indicators: the Message from the Top from SI 1, the Theory of Action from SI 3, the Vision Deck from SI 14, the Instructional Model from SI 18, the Digital Ecosystem Graphic from SI 27, and the Professional Learning Plan from SI 31. Note, these Work Products can be added via their corresponding Success Indicators pages. When viewing another district, you will only see the Work Products from these SIs that the district has chosen to share with All Districts. When viewing your own district, you will see all Work Products that your district has provided on these SIs, with an icon and note indicating which SIs are shared with All Districts and which are private to only Your District. Hovering over an SI in the progress bar at the top displays the full SI title, SI Owner, and details on whether or not a Work Product has been added and/or shared.
- Schools Tab - The Schools tab of the portfolio includes the total number of elementary and secondary schools in the district, as indicated on the district's Brand page. Additional information provided on the Brand page is displayed here as well, including the approximate number of students and teachers, the percentage of students on free or reduced lunch, and the location type (urban, suburban, or rural).
- Users Tab - The Users tab provides basic user information on your district, including the total number of users and those with access to the Digital Convergence Framework versus those with access only to the Professional Learning component of the platform. It also notes how many of those users are working on Success Indicators (meaning they are assigned as an SI Owner, Task Owner, or SI Participant) and how many are district-level PL Managers. The graph to the left displays the district's user growth, from it's creation in the MT Platform to the most recent date on which new users were added to the district.
- PL Micro-Certifications Tab - This final tab displays the district's progress on their PL Goals in a bar graph on the left, and information on overall micro-certifications awarded in the district on the right. The graph includes only district users who are marked to Count in PL, providing the same stats found in SI 53, etc. The numbers on the right include the micro-certs awarded to all district users, including users with DCF access and those excluded from PL Stats on Dashboard or in the PL SIs. Additional metrics are provided here as well on how many PL Resources the district has shared and how many Cohorts the district has created.
Above: Key Strategic Milestones section of District Portfolio when viewing your own district